How to Activate eSIM on iPhone: e SIM has grown rapidly since its inception as a technology. More and more devices, such as mobile phones, tablets and computing devices, offer eSIM functionality. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to enable eSIM on your iPhone. The eSIM started its development around 2012, and since then the electronics industry has been experimenting with its eSIM. It has not been completely changed to a new mode, since it is somewhat different from the traditional SIM cards known and used in mobile phones.
However, Apple introduced this technology to its iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR devices in 2018. Now, many other models also use this technology, which increases the need to understand the details. increase. But before we look at how to enable eSIM on your iPhone, let’s learn a little more about eSIM and the features that come with it. It is important to note that activating eSIM does not mean that you will no longer need a physical SIM card. The two systems will continue to work together in harmony. You are simply using your phone as a traditional SIM card instead of a physical card.
Activate eSIM on iPhone
Apple has supported eSIM since the iPhone Xs/XR, but this year it’s taking a serious step forward by removing the physical SIM card slot from all versions of the iPhone 14 sold in the US. Models sold support both physical SIMs as virtual, but Apple may remove SIM slots in other countries based on availability. Exact instructions vary by region. This guide is primarily focused on the US market. An ESIM is an alternative to a physical SIM card that is built into the phone’s circuitry, allowing the user to easily switch between their SIMs. Also, the user can host more than 3 of their SIM cards. The iPhone 14 can accommodate up to 8 SIMs at the same time.
Activating eSIM on iPhone is a feature that allows you to use your phone like a traditional SIM card. It works by transferring data between your device and your carrier’s network. So when you activate the eSIM on your iPhone, it will be compatible with that network and will allow you to make calls, receive text messages and access data. To activate eSIM on your iPhone, you’ll need to contact your carrier and ask them to send an activation code or unlock code to your phone. Once you have this code, you can follow the instructions to activate the eSIM on your iPhone.
Activate eSIM on iPhone Overview
Read here: How to book an appointment at the MI service center and MI TV installation
What is the eSIM?
An eSIM or embedded SIM is a programmed SIM card instead of a physical SIM card. You may also come across a virtual SIM with the same name as an eSIM. As most of us know, a SIM card is the identifier for the cellular plan of the carrier you have chosen for your phone. A SIM card was physically a small chip that was inserted into the SIM slot of a mobile phone, but the concept of eSIM is completely different.
The SIM card also contains personal information of the user, location tracking, etc., and the same goes for the eSIM. However, the eSIM is integrated into the operating system via software. No need to buy a physical SIM card. Simply install your eSIM profile from the carrier of your choice.
Check here: How to redeem YouTube Premium code
How is the eSIM better than the normal SIM?
The benefits of an eSIM far outweigh the need to only have a physical SIM card. Its use has several advantages, some of which are listed below.
- We are always afraid of losing it when we remove the physical SIM card, so we must keep it safe. However, this is not the case with eSIMs.
- eSIMs cannot be cloned. This is a problem with physical SIMs.
- The carrier can control it remotely, making it easy to locate in the event of loss or theft. eSIMs enable robust designs.
- For example, there may be additional space for batteries and other components used in mobile devices.
Read here – How to close HDFC credit card
How to activate eSIM on iPhone?
iPhone eSIM is an innovative new feature that allows iPhone users to seamlessly switch between cellular and Wi-Fi networks without the need to turn on their devices or manually connect to a network. This feature can be activated on your iPhone by signing up for an e-SIM service with your carrier. These are the steps you can follow to activate the eSIM on your iPhone:
Activating an eSIM is not a complicated process and can be set up as soon as you buy your new phone. You can follow the instructions over the phone to do this now, or if you decide to do it later, you can call your provider for a quick transfer. This section covers all the ways to enable eSIM on your iPhone. I will explain it to you in detail.
1. Activation of the eSIM operator
This process applies to iPhones with cell phone plans. It takes effect as soon as you turn on your iPhone.
- You’ll need to follow the instructions that appear when you start your phone during iPhone setup.
- Choose from Wi-Fi options to which you can connect your smartphone.
- The iPhone setup will start. This process may take some time, so you may have to wait.
- To check if cellular service is activated on your mobile phone, check if the signal strength is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Next when prompted.
Also Read: How To Replace Your Car Door Key
2. Quick transfer
Quick Transfer allows you to transfer your SIM card from one phone to another without having to contact them. Fast Transfer also allows you to transfer multiple SIM cards to your newly purchased iPhone. There are two ways to do this. First, you can do this by transferring your physical SIM or eSIM card from your old phone to your new phone. Then you can also convert from a physical SIM card to an eSIM on the same iPhone. Here are the guided steps to transfer a physical SIM/eSIM:
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- You have to choose from the list of cellular plans presented. If you’re transferring using an iPhone, tap Transfer from another phone.
- You will see some instructions on your other phone.
- Follow it and tap Transfer to confirm. Alternatively, you may be required to provide the code sent to your old phone to continue.
- The previously installed SIM card will be deactivated and the SIM card will be activated on this new phone immediately.
- Touch Finish setting up your wireless service provider plan and you will be redirected to your wireless service provider’s website. Once this is done, the eSIM will be installed correctly.
To activate the eSIM from the physical SIM on the same iPhone, these are the steps to follow:
- Gonna Settings > Cellular > Convert to eSIM. However, this option is only available if your cellular plan supports eSIM.
- Select convert cell plan > Convert to eSIM. Once your eSIM is activated, the SIM card becomes active.
- Post this, you can remove the physical SIM and reboot the phone.
Read here: How to apply for the Railway E Pass and PTO online
3. After setting up your iPhone
Once your iPhone is set up, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Settings > Scan QR Code. Once configured, your eSIM will be ready to use.
4. Other Methods to activate eSIM on iPhone
You can also scan a QR code to activate your eSIM. After setting up your phone screen, touch it to use the QR code and follow the instructions. However, this can be done during iPhone setup. To activate eSIM on your iPhone after setting up the phone, you’ll need to contact your carrier to get your QR code. Once you have it, open the camera app and scan the QR code. You will see Cellular Plans Detected, you need to click Next > Add Cellular Plan. Add the verification code sent by your carrier to continue with the final setup.
Prerequisites for an eSIM
An eSIM is a small integrated circuit that contains encrypted data and functions like a digital personal identification card. It is integrated into mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to allow easy access to cellular service. An eSIM is required for mobile network operators to provide cellular service, and users can use it to manage their cellular service from any location. In some cases, government agencies or private organizations may require an eSIM for users to access their services. Typically, an eSIM can be installed with a mobile network operator’s subscription plan and used with that plan.
These are some of the requirements that must be met before setting up an eSIM on your iPhone.
- Selecting an eSIM requires an iPhone XR, XS, XS Max or later
- A Wi-Fi connection is required during setup.
- Requires a mobile operator that supports eSIM technology.
- Please continue to update your phone so that the latest version is installed on your phone.
Check here: How to erase and reset your iPhone, easy steps 2023
Summary: How to Activate eSIM on iPhone
In India, Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea offer eSIM functionality on their phones. If you are using this option on your iPhone, you can get started right away by following our guide. These detailed methods will help you instantly activate eSIM on your iPhone.
In most cases, you can activate an eSIM by contacting your mobile service provider and requesting the activation code for the network you want to use. The process usually involves entering this code in your device’s settings menu. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to make calls and use data on the network of your choice without having to manually configure your device every time you want to switch networks.
Well, there are a few reasons. First, switching providers can be expensive and time consuming, especially if you have multiple devices. eSIMs allow you to keep your number regardless of the operator you choose. Second, changing carriers can change your network coverage area, which can be frustrating for travelers. And third, eSIMs can save money by offering reduced or even free data plans with certain carriers. So if all this sounds like a good reason to put an e-SIM in your pocket, then go ahead! Just remember that if you want to switch between networks, you’ll still need to carry a physical SIM card with you (or buy one). So it’s still not totally perfect (sorry). But hey, at least now there’s one less thing to worry about when you travel.
How to change the UPI PIN in Phone Pay
Realme C50 price in India
Transfer photos from iPhone to Android