There are many ways to browse your iPhone photos on Mac.
The latest iPhones pack powerful cameras that can produce stunning shots. Although, naturally, Macs offer more storage space and advanced editing tools. That’s why many users would like to import their photos from iPhone to Mac. Whether you have a MacBook Pro (2023) or any other recent model, you can choose between three different ways to transfer your media. All you need is a USB cable, iCloud, or AirDrop.
Import images using a USB cable
You can use a USB to Lightning cable and the Photos app to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
- connecting your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac and click on your iPhone in the sidebar.
- The app will display a screenshot with all the photos available on your iPhone. You may need to unlock your iPhone to continue.
- You can select photos or import all iPhone photos that have not been transferred to your Mac. Also, you can choose the album you want to import photos from.
- Select the disc and cut the corresponding Take button.
- This process will take some time, depending on the number of images you are importing.
- Once done, disconnect your iPhone.
Your iPhone photos are now transferred to your Mac. You can find them in the Photos app.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
If you have iCloud photos on your iPhone, you can easily view or download your iPhone photos on a Mac or any other device with a web browser.
- If you haven’t turned on iCloud Photos, go to Settings > Photos on your iPhone and turn on iCloud Photos. Depending on the data connection speed of your iPhone, photos may take some time to upload to iCloud. 2 Pictures Close it
- Open iCloud.com in a browser on your Mac.
- Click Photos, and you’ll see all your iPhone photos.
- You can select few or all of the iPhone photos.
- Click on Download images above.
- If you have selected multiple photos, iCloud will create a compressed file and copy it to your Mac. In the case of a single image, iCloud will copy the default image file.
Your photos will now be available in the Downloads folder. If you use Google Photos or cloud storage services, such as OneDrive or Dropbox, you can use the same method to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
AirDrop is another great way to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Mac effortlessly. However, it is better to move a few photos because the process can take some time.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select the photo(s) you want to transfer to your Mac.
- Click the Share icon at the bottom left.
- Click on the AirDrop icon in the sharing section.
- Click on your Mac on the AirDrop screen and wait for the transfer to complete.
- When the photos are transferred, click Done at the top. 4 Pictures Close it
These are some of the best ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, and they only work on the biggest Mac you can buy. If you want to continue getting into the Photos app, check out our tips and tricks for more information on Photos on macOS.