How to Block Android Apps on Samsung Smartphones: Smartphones have grown from being more than just communication devices. These portable devices allow you to perform tasks that previously could only be done through a computing device, such as a laptop and PC. Samsung is one of the hottest names when it comes to advanced smartphones and it’s not Chinese.
Currently, Samsung uses the Android mobile operating system to control its device. The company’s entire offering, whether it’s a budget or premium device, is powered by Google’s Android operating system. However, Samsung includes a layer of its custom One UI skin that adds the company’s own suite of customization and theme to the device. Privacy has been an important factor for all users, be it a smartphone of any brand. And Samsung, like others, has focused on improving user security.
Android apps on Samsung smartphones
Android apps can be a great way to enhance your smartphone experience. However, they can also pose a security risk. That is why it is important to block them so that only the owner of the application can use it. To do this, first go to your phone settings and select security. From here, you will see a list of all the apps installed on your phone. Touch an app and select “block”. This will prevent anyone other than the app owner from being able to use the app. If you ever want to unblock an app, just go to the same security settings and select “unblock”. From here, you will have access to a list of all the apps installed on your phone. To block Android apps on your Samsung smartphone.
It is important to protect your apps on your Samsung smartphone, as some apps may not be compatible with the Galaxy S3 or later models. To lock apps, open the app and tap 3 lines in the bottom right corner (three dots). After an app is locked, an orange lock icon will appear next to the app’s name and it cannot be removed or opened in any way other than through this process. If you ever need to unlock an app, just open it and tap the orange lock icon.
check also – Samsung Galaxy A22 5G price in India 2022
How to block Android apps on Samsung smartphones?
Android apps can be a useful resource for both adults and children. However, it is important to protect them from accidental or unauthorized use. One way to do this is to lock Android apps so that they cannot be uninstalled or modified without first entering the PIN code. If you are a Samsung smartphone user, you may want to lock Android apps so that your kids cannot access them. You can use an app called “S Smart Lock” to do this. After setting up your PIN code, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your apps are safe and secure.
Samsung’s internal user interface integrates the app lock option. Usually, you don’t need to download any third-party app to lock privacy. The S Secure app is the one that handles all the security aspects on Samsung smartphones. We walk you through the steps from downloading S secure apps to locking individual apps. Have a look.
Using the secure folder
Secure Folder is an exclusive suite for Samsung devices running One UI 4 and later. You can not only lock apps, but also hide photos, videos, files and other important documents. Is that how it works:
- Create a secure folder in Settings -> Security and Biometric Reasons.
- Enter your Samsung account details, then click Sign in or create a new account.
- Choose the lock method, pattern, pin or password, according to your convenience and click Next.
- Enter the lock method again, and then choose Confirm. You also need to enable/disable fingerprint unlock.
- A shortcut to Secure Folder will be added to your Home and Apps screen.
- Open the Secure Folder app.
- Click ‘Add apps’ and select the app you want to block.
- This will create two versions of the app that you want to protect. One version will be a normal app, which will need to be accessed without a password, while the other will require a password. The latter will be kept in a secure folder and the data of both applications will be complete and varied.
check also – Samsung Galaxy A51 price in India 2022
Using the S Secure app
If you have an older Samsung phone or want to use Samsung’s traditional app lock instead of Secure Folder, which creates two copies of each app with separate data, you should try the S Secure app.
- Download the S Secure app from here.
- Now, as soon as you open the app, you can block or mask apps directly, no login required.
- Click on the Settings app under Lock apps. You will be prompted for the lock screen password.
- After entering your password, you need to set up the app lock on Samsung. The lock must be a PIN, pattern, or password.
- Click on lock apps and select ‘Add’ in the top right corner.
- Now, add the apps you want to block.
- That’s it, the selected applications will be locked and cannot be accessed without a password.
However, the method has a flaw. Anyone with access to the smartphone can uninstall the S Secure app. This will unlock all the locked apps and expose your data to others. Third party apps like Norton offer a better solution. The app does not allow anyone to uninstall it. This is how the app works.
Check Also – Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Price in India 2022
How to remove Samsung app lock
- If you want to uninstall the Secure Folder app:
- Go to Settings > Biometrics and security > Open Secure Folder.
- Click More Settings.
- Click Uninstall again if prompted.
- If you want to remove the S Secure app, just uninstall this app.
- If you want to remove Norton App Lock,
- You have to disable the device permission in the App Lock app.
- Then just uninstall the app.
What should I do if I forget my password for app lock?
- If you have Secure Folder:
- Enter the PIN you think is correct.
- After 2-3 attempts, the option “I forgot my PIN” will appear. Click on it.
- You can now reset the PIN using your Samsung account.
- If you have Norton App Lock, you must reset your PIN using your Google ID.
- If you have the S Secure app, just uninstall it.
In this blog, we cover the different methods to block Android apps on Samsung smartphones. We’ve also included tips on how to use Samsung Galaxy Smart Lock, which is a great way to protect your phone and keep your apps locked. If you are looking for a way to block apps on your Samsung smartphone, be sure to read this blog and follow the proper steps.
How do I block Android apps on my Samsung smartphone?
Go to Settings and select Biometrics & security, then Lock type. Touch Secure Folder, and then choose from Pattern, PIN, Password, or biometric options like fingerprint or irs. Create that password.
Is it possible to deactivate or remove Google Play services from my Samsung smartphone?
Google Play Services doesn’t drain your battery any faster or consume too much of your mobile data plan. You can’t force stop or uninstall Google Play services.
Is there a way to password protect Android apps?
Go to Biometrics and security in Settings. Enter the lock type when prompted by the secure folder. Choose from PIN, Password, Pattern, or a biometric option like fingerprint or iris, and generate the password. Tap Secure Folder in your app drawer. There are several ways to get apps on your iPhone.
What are other ways to keep my Samsung smartphone safe?
Avoid using anti-malware applications. Samsung does not recommend third-party anti-malware products. Keep your phone up to date with the latest software and operating system. When you connect to an unsecured public Wi-Fi network, use secure Wi-Fi.
4 tricks to watch YouTube videos with age restrictions
How to Download Facebook Videos in 2022 FB Video
Sony LIV Subscription Plans in India Best Sony LIV