If you are experiencing problems with the battery on the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023), you can replace it step by step.
Although the IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023) is a high-end Lenovo laptop that comes with Intel and AMD CPUs, it’s natural to worry about battery life, too. The more you use your laptop, and the more you charge it, the more likely it is that the battery’s health will deteriorate, and you may end up with a worse battery life than when your laptop was new. Fortunately, on the IdeaPad Slim 5, not much is sold on the board. This is not unusual for most new laptops, and it means, that if you want, you can exchange the battery for a new one.
XDA’S VIDEO OF THE NEXT DAY CONTENTS
Of course, you should be careful, buy the battery from a reputable place, and accept the risk of opening your laptop. So don’t worry anymore, we are going to walk you through step by step how to change the battery in Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023) right here for you.
What you will need
As we mentioned earlier before working inside the IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023), you will need a few tools. You’ll also want to keep your laptop safe and save your files. We have provided the tools below that have everything you need to unlock your laptop. We also recommend that you purchase an anti-static wrist strap, to protect your laptop from static electricity damage while using it. Of course, the battery itself is important, and Lenovo usually sells these, but none were listed at the time of writing since the laptop is new.
iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit
These kits are perfect for professionals who work regularly with electronics and include everything you need to open and repair your Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 and other accessories.
$75 at Amazon
Replacing the battery in Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023)
Once everything is assembled, it’s time to replace the battery in the IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023). Make sure you turn off the laptop and unplug it, and unplug any devices you may have plugged into it. You’ll also want to lay the laptop on a flat surface, with the hinge facing away from you. Once everything is done, you can follow these steps.
- Take a T5 Torx screwdriver and loosen the nine screws on the bottom of the laptop. There are three at the top, two in the middle, and four at the bottom.
- Place your search tool near the hinge and lift it to remove the bottom cover.
- Attach your anti-static wrist strap to your laptop.
- Check the battery cable connecting the battery to the motherboard. Using your finger (not any tools) pull the cable down to remove it from the board. Do not pull the cord.
- Remove the four screws that hold the battery in place.
- Lift the battery from the chassis.
- Put the new battery in its place, and replace the screws that you removed earlier.
- Plug the cable into the motherboard.
- Remove your anti-static wrist strap.
- Replace the cover, and replace the screws that were removed earlier.
After putting your laptop back together, you need to connect your laptop to power and recharge the battery. You should be fine following this, with a good laptop with a new battery.
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 (2023)
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 is a mid-range laptop, but it has modern specs, including AMD Ryzen 7030 series or Intel Core processors of the 13th generation, along with a Full HD+ display and solid cameras.
$610 at Lenovo (AMD) $640 at Lenovo (Intel) $930 at Best Buy