The Razer Blade 14 has high-end specs, for the most part, but you’ll want to upgrade its RAM for better performance.
The Razer Blade 14 (2023) stands at the top of the gaming laptop market thanks to its powerful hardware. In addition to the fiery AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS processor up to the Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 GPU, it comes with a high resolution QHD+ 240Hz display to provide smooth gaming experience.
On top of that, it allows you to change its RAM modules, something that was not available in previous laptop models. Although 5600MHz DDR5 memory is not bad for most users, it is better to upgrade the RAM if you want more memory and faster reading and writing. Here’s a guide on how to increase memory in the Razer Blade 14.
What you will need
To upgrade your laptop’s RAM, you need a few tools. First, make sure you have a T5 Torx screwdriver; a spudger tool also comes in handy when trying to remove the battery from the Razer Blade 14. You should also consider purchasing an anti-static wristband to protect the laptop’s fragile internals from electrostatic discharge.
Yes, you need a DDR5 laptop RAM kit that is compatible with the Razer Blade 14. To get the most out of it, you may want to upgrade the 64GB memory to use 2x 32GB DDR5 SODIMM sticks. We have some ideas below.
How to change RAM on Razer Blade 14 (2023)
Once you’ve found the hardware and SODIMM modules, it’s time to open up your laptop and upgrade its RAM.
- Turn off your Razer Blade 14 and unplug its AC power adapter.
- Connect all peripherals connected to its USB ports and turn the laptop so that the bottom panel is facing up.
- Loosen the eight T5 screws securing the back cover using a T5 Torx screwdriver.
- Gently lift the back cover of the laptop. Be sure not to pull too hard or you may damage the back cover or its mounting hardware.
- Remove the plastic sticker from the battery cable, and using a spudger tool, remove the battery cable from the board so as not to damage the laptop board when replacing the RAM sticks.
- Gently remove the black mylar sheet near the M.2 SSD slot to access the RAM sticks.
- Press the RAM storage buttons until the available memory pops out of its slot.
- Keeping the new RAM adhesive at a 45-degree angle, insert them into the RAM slots and push them down until they snap.
- Place the mylar film that you removed earlier on the RAM and connect the battery cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the bottom cover and secure it using the eight T5 screws that you removed earlier.
Unlocking the Razer Blade 14 may seem like a difficult and dangerous task, but I have to do the extra work because better memory can improve the performance of this laptop.
If you haven’t bought the Razer Blade 14 (2023) before, be sure to check out the laptop from the link below. You can also take a look at our guide on upgrading the M.2 SSD for the Razer Blade 14 if you want to increase the storage capacity of the laptop.
Razer Blade 14 (2023)
The Razer Blade 14 (2023) is more powerful than ever, with AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS and Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070. However, it is still Razer’s most compact and lightweight laptop.
$2400 at Amazon $2400 at Best Buy $2400 at B&H $2400 at Razer