Here’s how to upgrade the SSD in the Razer Blade 14 (2023) to a larger one to get more space for your games and other files.
The Razer Blade 14 (2023) is one of the best laptops you can buy. It has a very good appearance with a good visual appearance. The laptop’s storage can be upgraded to a 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD when purchased through Razer or other retailers. However, downloading all your games will fill up the cache quickly. Fortunately, you can add a larger SSD yourself. RAM and SSD on this laptop are not sold on this large laptop, so if you are the technical type and have experience working with laptops, you can upgrade the storage by following the steps in this manual.
XDA’S VIDEO OF THE NEXT DAY CONTENTS
What you will need
To upgrade the storage on your laptop, you need a few tools first. A T5 screwdriver is the most important tool because you have to remove the bottom cover of your laptop to get inside. A spudger tool is another great purchase because you need to carefully and easily remove the bottom lid. Other accessories we are thinking of buying include a USB drive, so you can reinstall Windows, and an anti-static wrist strap, so you can work inside your laptop without damaging the inside. Finally, you will need an M.2 2280 SSD, which is the type of SSD used by the Razer Blade 14 (2023).
How to save your data
Before removing the original SSD that came with the Razer Blade 14 (2023), you’ll want to back up your data first. You can consider using cloud storage to back up your data with a Microsoft 365 subscription. You can also use local storage such as an external SSD or HDD. If you want, you can compare the original drive to the new one with Samsung Data Migration or Macrium Reflect software.
How to change storage in Razer Blade 14 (2023)
Now you are ready to upgrade the storage in Razer Blade 14 (2023). You will be opening the back of your laptop and removing screws and stickers. Here’s how:
- Turn off your laptop and unplug it.
- Connect devices to which you may have connected USB ports.
- Place the laptop on a flat surface and turn it over, so that the hinge is facing away from you.
- Remove the eight screws from the bottom of your laptop using a T5 Torx screwdriver.
- Place your fingers on a pry bar or spudger, and slowly pry off the bottom cover.
- If you are using one, attach your anti-static wrist strap to the side of the laptop.
- Remove the battery from the motherboard. It’s on the right and may have a latch on the top, allowing you to open the connector, but don’t pull it too hard.
- Remove the screw holding the SSD in place. You may need to remove the sticker from the top. The SSD will drop to the right.
- Place the new SSD in the slot, and tighten the screw.
- Connect the battery cable inside.
- Remove your anti-static wrist strap.
- Replace the cover with the eight T5 screws.
After replacing the bottom cover, you can reconnect your laptop to power and turn it back on. If you haven’t created your drive, you should follow our Windows 11 installation guide and restore your data. Otherwise, you should be good to go, with more savings than ever!
Razer Blade 14 (2023)
The Razer Blade 14 (2023) is more powerful than ever, with AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS and Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070. However, it is still Razer’s most compact and lightweight laptop.
$2400 at Amazon $2400 at Best Buy $2400 at B&H $2400 at Razer